Chowderpalooza and Spring Art on Park
Saturday, May 23, 2020 from 11:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
(Rain Date: Sunday, May 24)
Park Street, Stowe Village
Chowder heads flock to this Annual Memorial Day weekend event to enjoy and vote on the best chowders in the area! $6 entry provides tastings from at least one dozen participating chefs. Enjoy free access to Art on Park, Westminster Bakers oyster crackers, and live music by Indie Nashville singer songwriter Madeleine! Listen up at madand.com. Face painting, henna body art and children’s free play activities on the Village Green.
1st Place People’s Choice Winner
The Lodge at Spruce Peak: Country Breakfast Chowder
Congratulations to Chef Sean Blomgren and the entire Lodge team!
Bistro at Ten Acres: New England Seafood Chowder
Cork Wine Bar & Market: Red Curry Chowder
Thank you so much to all 15 participating restaurants and your chowder chef teams!
1. The Bistro at Ten Acres – Chef Dustin Johnson, New England Seafood Chowder
2. The Butchery – Chef Jeff Lynn, Alder Smoked Cod and Parsnip Chowder with Chorizo and Preserved Lemon
3. Charlmont – Chef Stephen Benson, Seafood and Clam Chowder
4. Cork Wine Bar & Market – Chef Chuck Spock, Red Curry Chowder
5. Edson Hill – Chef Jason Bissell, Celery Root New England Clam Chowder
6. El Toro – Chef Jennifer Isabell, Spicy Seafood Chowder
7. Fritz Bar at Stowehof – Chef Kyle Hathaway, East Meets West Best Chowder
8. Green Goddess Cafe – Chef Timothy Callahan, Smokey Sweet Corn Bacon Chowder
9. The Lodge at Spruce Peak – Chef Sean Blomgren, Country Breakfast Chowder
10. Piecasso Pizzeria – Chef Jon Nelson, New England Clam Chowder
11. Ranch Camp – Joe Rock, Creamy Grilled Corn and Braised Pork Chowder
12. Stowe Mountain Resort – Chefs Matthew Graver, Warren Miller & Romero Belardo, Roasted Corn and Lump Crab Chowder
13. Stowe Sandwich Company – Chef Cal McClelland, Peace, Love and Chowdah
14. Sunset Grille & Tap Room – Chef Rich Haab, BBQ Chowder
15. Trapp Family Lodge – Chefs Brian O’Neil & Emma Fitzgerald, New England Corn Chowder with Pancetta and Popcorn Croutons
Thank you to our Presenting Sponsor, The Alchemist!
Thank you to Madeleine for bringing your amazing voice to our small New England town!
Thank you to Westminster Bakers Co. for the yummy oyster crackers!
Thank you to Green Mountain Inn for the use of your event tables!
Thank you to the Town of Stowe and our police department for setting us up and helping us clean up!
Thank you to all you amazing and hearty residents and visitors! It was so much fun seeing a huge number of you crowd the street on this awesome event day!!
Finally, thank you to all our wonderful and dedicated volunteers — Stowe Vibrancy can only do all of these community events because of your great help!